Monday, December 28, 2015

Bikepacking set up



In my humble opinion, bikepacking is the shit when it comes down to outdoor activities. I mean, you can cover more ground than backpacking so you can see more scenery, it gives you thunder quads and calves as a mountain man plus you got all the camping, exercising and nature packed in one neat package.

You might be wondering how the hell you bikepack. There is several ways to go about it. You can do bikepacking on the roads, which is more like a touring type of deal or you can take it off road and do more of a mountain biking type of bikepacking. Each of these awesome outdoor activities includes bike, bags, and human power.

I did not do yet any road touring as I do not have any road bike to be able to set up with bags, but I do some off road bikepacking namely fatbike bikepacking this time of a year (winter Hurray!). There is nothing more scary than sweating like a pig in 0F somewhere in the middle of the snow covered field while the wind start blowing pretty hard. For this particular reason you need to be packing and biking smart.

In the non-race scenario I rather take more stuff with me which I might not need than less and after be fucked in the middle of nowhere. I'm not going to go into what to pack with you in this post but rather I just want to show you my winter bikepacking set up. By set up I mean a fatbike and the bags.

I'm rocking out 9-zero-7 aluminum whiteout with carbon 9-zero-7 fork, GX-1 drivetrain by SRAM, 11speed, carbon handlebars and seatpost. My tires are 3.8" Bontrager Hodags tubless set up. I'm fully packed with revelate bags and pogies, which includes: visacha seatbag, handlebar harness (I use 20L Outdoors Research dry bag with it), 9-zero-7 specific Ranger frame bag, Gas Tank and Williwaw pogies.

I will do reviews of my bike and bags later on.

Link to 9-zero-7 bikes:
http://www.fatbikes.com/

Link to Revelate Design bags:
http://www.revelatedesigns.com/

Here are some photos:
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment