Monday, January 4, 2016

Crying for snow

I have to let this one out. It might sound like little whinning and bitching but it needs to be shouted out.
 Snow!!! Where is the fucking snow!! If you would live in Alaska for three years when every winter was worse than the previous one than you would understand my frustrations.

The first year when I moved up here the winter was so so. However, I did not own a fabike so I was not ready to unleash the fun called fatbiking yet. 

Second winter, my fatbike was ready. However, we did not have much snow. Iditarod was moved to Fairbanks, Tustumena 200 was canceled, Frosty Bottom was mainly on hard snow and ice mixture (very fast). Alyaska ski resort did not have much of a snow pack due to rain. Simply putted it was a shitty winter.

Well and here we are in January this year with no snow and temperatures above freezing. Everyone is blaming El fucking Nino, but we should be pointing fingers at ourselves. 
I was so excited when we got about 5 inches of snow in November and now again big disappointment with "Alaskan" winter. 

As i'm looking at the 10 days forecast it seems that we are not going to be below freezing until January 16th. That is the Frosty Bottom planned for so either it will be postponed again or we will need to get out cross bikes. 

My major plan for next couple weeks is to find snow so i might be venturing North to Willow or south to Kenai to look for snow in higher elevations. I would like to preride the Little Su 50k course or try to ride Johnson pass or Resurrection Trail. 

I still want to believe that we will get shit load of snow down here in Anchorage but it's all the time better to have the backup plan.
End of the rant:)

We need this!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment