Monday, January 18, 2016

Frosty Bottom 2016


 The Frosty Bottom happened!

Yes! 2016 Frosty Bottom was raced this past Saturday January 16th. It was almost canceled but at the last moment we got about 1-2 inches of snow which was exactly enough what we needed. If it would snow little more it would be a slow race due to unpacked snow and if it would snow little less it would be probably canceled due to icy conditions. So we got lucky!

The race was very fast and very entertaining well at least for me. I really had a blast. My hot bun strategy worked out pretty well and i ended up top 20 and under 3 hours which I'm happy with.

Results: The Frosty Bottom Results



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the update for Frosty!
Due to a suckage of weather here in Anchorage, The Frosty Bottom race is postpone until January 16th, 2016.

It has been above freezing since 28th of December, and I mean 15 degrees Fahrenheit above freezing. And it seems like it will continue that way for about another 4 days. There is no snow just mud and ice. We will be happy to get any snow before the 16th so I can see that the race might be postponed even further out. Ohhh and we also got some rain and high winds:(
Man, I want some winter this year!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, here is the skinny on The Frosty Bottom of 2016! The event is planned for 2nd of January and includes somewhere between 44-50 miles on your fatbike, cold, snow, falls, cramps, and hopefully finish!

What is my strategy you ask? Well, given that it is day after New Year my strategy is to keep all my body fluids inside for a duration of the race. That includes no puking! 
Also i will use my "hot bun" approach. For those who do not know what the fuck is "the hot bun" racing strategy, not to be worry as i just come up with this name.
 "The hot bun strategy" is to find a peloton or group of riders (oven) who are little faster than you. I will hide within the group for good 80% of the race and keep my buns warm. Once you feel hot, somewhere around 5 miles to finish, you shoot out of the oven and hope that your hot buns will carry you victoriously to the finish.
I will be riding my 9-zero-7 aluminum whiteout with carbon fork, handlebars, seat post and sram GX1 11 speed ( more specs later). 

Here is the links for all info about the race: http://www.chainreactioncycles.us/events.html#frosty-bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment