Monday, April 18, 2016

Patagonia Nano Air Jacket review




Patagoooniaaaaa! Nano-Air

I bought this jacket as an addition to the biking and hiking gear as it is advertised as a very breathable but warm jacket which does not mind to be sweat through while keeping you warm. It comes with hefty price tag of $299 for the one with hood and $250 without. I actually bought one with the hood on sale for about $210.

I have to say it is well worthy of the money and I just love that jacket. It’s light and soft but that does not mean it’s fragile. I wear it almost every day and I would be even sleeping in it if my girlfriend would let me. 

Nano-Air is very simple, it has two lower front pocket and two chest pockets along with the adjustable flexible string on your waste. The material is very stretchy and feels absolutely comfy all around. It has some water repellent finish but it’s not waterproof. However, from my experience it dries very quickly, which is huge plus. A lot of people are complaining about pocket zippers being hard to zip up by getting caught up on the inner material. It might be true if you are trying to zip it up with one hand in hurry on the bike, but if you just use two hands or pay little more attention to the zipping up than all is fine. One of the only “negatives” per my opinion is that if you want to wear anything heavy in the pockets than it kind of sags the jacket down. I guess that is just compromise due to material being so light. And if you are going to use it in an active manner you will not carry anything heavy in your pocket anyway.

I was little worried about the wind just blowing through this jacket, but it’s not the case. Obviously it’s not as wind proof as a wind jacket but again this is designed to be breathable so you can do your start and stop intense exercises outside while temperature hover below 30 degrees while keeping you dry and warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment